Error Microsoft Outlook Preventing it from working correctly

Anonymous
2025-06-26T00:13:03+00:00

Hi

Every time I open my emails this error comes up:

'We're sorry, but Outlook has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Outlook will need to be closed as a result. Would you like us to repair now?"

I request to 'repair now' but nothing seems to happen. I am not sure what outlook I have , New or Classic.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Emmanuel Santana 40,210 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-06-26T03:44:56+00:00

Hello, thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Community. I'm here to help with your questions or issues.

Try starting Outlook in safe mode to disable any add-ins that might be causing it to crash.

Just press Windows + R, then type:

outlook.exe /safe

Let me know if it opens this way.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-26T22:43:41+00:00

    Thank you, yes it is all good now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments