New Outlook search function does not work for IMAP account

Anonymous
2025-04-21T20:19:39+00:00

Have IMAP account for Outlook on MAC mini. After switching to new Outlook the search function does not work. Can search w/ legacy outlook but can't send emails. I reset my IMAP account and that did not fix problem. I have an outside vender host my email address and IMAP account (BlueHost). Legacy useless b/c I can't send emails. New Outlook useless b/c cannot search for past emails.

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-22T18:42:52+00:00

    Dear Customer,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

    For narrowing down the issue scope, I would like to confirm the following info with you:

    1. Please kindly check whether your account was fully synced.
    2. May I know whether all emails cannot be searched, or some specific emails cannot be searched.
    3. It is kindly for you to make sure outlook have full access for the files.
    4. You can also provide the mac OS version to us, so we can check whether caused by this.

    Thank you for choosing Microsoft Community

    Best regards,

    Serena - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments