Error password message on email app for iPhone when it correct

Anonymous
2024-10-02T15:58:02+00:00

Hi I m trying to set up my email on iPhone but keep getting the following message I have deleted the a/c and re added it and still getting the following messages. It works fine on website. Please can you help Thank you

The IMAP server "imap-mail.outlook.com" doesn't support Password

authentication. Please check your account settings and try again.

Password Incorrect

Enter the password for the IMAP account "hotmail..co.uk

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T13:02:36+00:00

    Hello Nicky Chattha

    Welcome to Microsoft community.

    First of all, I would like to apologize to you for the fact that I am using translation software to communicate with you, so please correct me if I have misunderstood you, and thank you for your understanding.

    As a matter of fact, recently a lot of users are responding that they are experiencing the problem of not being able to sync emails or add accounts on their mobile devices (iOS is the majority), which may be a popular issue, maybe you need to wait for Apple to fix this issue, in addition, you can also try the following suggestions to try to fix this issue.

    Recently Hotmail has longer support for IMAP or POP3 and it must use the latest modern authentication, please delete your account from your mail app and re-add your account, choose outlook.com as your provider.

    1. Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. If you are using iOS18 you will need to find Mail inside Settings > App.
    2. If you already have your account, tap your mail address and delete it first.
    3. Tap Add Account, then select your email provider, Select Outlook.com (preferred) or Exchange.
    4. Enter your email address and password. Server setting will be automatically detected for you.
    5. If you see Next, tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.
    6. If you see Save, tap Save.

    1. what email app are you using?

    Are you using mail app or Outlook for iOS when you have this problem?

    2.What is your iOS version?

    Please make sure your iOS version is not lower than iOS18, the latest iOS contains the latest updates and features, needs to use the new style authentication, which needs the latest features support.

    3. When did you encounter this problem?

    Did you encounter this issue during the process of adding an account? Or did you add your account successfully but have problems sending and receiving emails? Or maybe the in-app keeps prompting you to re-verify your account?

    4. Have you tried to re-add your account?

    Re-adding can solve some of the problems caused by authentication, and be sure to note that when re-adding your account, choose Outlook.com as your mailbox service provider (protocol)

    I know this may not solve your problem immediately, but I need to know more about your situation so I can help you better, please understand. If you've found something else worth noting, please contact me and tell me about it, I'd love to solve the problem with you, thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

    Best regards

    Schale.P-MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments