The Windows Server Essentials Service cannot synchronize the user password to the online identity repository

Jesse Flintoff 236 Reputation points
2021-07-10T03:23:36.39+00:00

Hi there.

Recently. I have the below error coming up on multiple 2016 essential servers when doing password changes via the Essentials Dashboards.

I can confirm that passwords are not syncing to 365.

I have tired disabling 365 integration. Then re enabling. Same issue.

Anyone else seen this issue?

113467-image.png

Windows for business | Windows Server | User experience | Other

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. STM 1 Reputation point
    2021-08-23T19:57:56.627+00:00

    Stupid Question. When you buy a Windows Server 2016 Standard do you also have Support included for about 5 years or so? I know the enterprise agreements with microsoft but not small licenses agreements like one Server/SBS/Essentials . I also like to open a ticket. But I can't because my customer does not have a customer id nor a support plan.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Timeh 1 Reputation point
    2021-08-24T12:56:12.903+00:00

    Check and see if you have MFA enabled for the Office 365 administrator account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. STM 1 Reputation point
    2021-08-25T15:39:06.52+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Shawn P. Lemay 21 Reputation points
    2021-08-25T15:50:36.307+00:00

    We have 2FA that was mandated as we are a reseller/partner for Microsoft - up until this broke this summer, it was working fine. So I'd say that post is incorrect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  5. Linus Haake 31 Reputation points
    2021-08-26T18:45:08.477+00:00

    Today I received the following feedback from MS Support:

    Die Office365-Integration mit essentials beinhaltet außergewöhnliche Abhängigkeiten von mehreren Komponenten, weshalb die Koordinierung zwischen verschiedenen Teams Zeit in Anspruch nimmt.
    Wir haben das Problem im GraphAPI-Backend bereits herausgefunden und versuchen derzeit, eine Lösung zu finden, um das Problem zu beheben, ohne andere Komponenten von O365 zu beschädigen.
    Leider kann ich Ihnen im Moment noch keinen Termin nennen, aber ich kann Ihnen versichern, dass der Essentials-Code kein Problem darstellt und wir auf Änderungen am O365-Backend warten müssen.

    Means in English:
    Since the integration with the Essentials Server is having special dependencies, the coordination between the different teams takes some time.
    They found some issue in the GraphApi Backend and are trying to find a solution without breaking other components of O365.
    They also cannot mention any date by when the issue will be resolved but can confirm that it is no issue with the server side, but with the O365 backend.

    This means for all of you who would like to open a ticket: No need to do it for the server, open the ticket via the O365 web front-end of the related tenant. In my case, I pointed to this thread here and asked for reading through the content to easily understand what's the deal in detail.

    This might speed it up if MS recognizes the amount of trouble it's still causing.

    Cheers

    Linus

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.