The Windows Server Essentials Service cannot synchronize the user password to the online identity repository

Jesse Flintoff 236 Reputation points
2021-07-10T03:23:36.39+00:00

Hi there.

Recently. I have the below error coming up on multiple 2016 essential servers when doing password changes via the Essentials Dashboards.

I can confirm that passwords are not syncing to 365.

I have tired disabling 365 integration. Then re enabling. Same issue.

Anyone else seen this issue?

113467-image.png

Windows for business | Windows Server | User experience | Other

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Richard Botfield 1 Reputation point
    2021-10-08T14:15:12.42+00:00

    I can confirm this is now also working for myself.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Shawn P. Lemay 21 Reputation points
    2021-10-08T14:10:20.817+00:00

    This is great news - now the question of is this retroactive? Meaning any password changes from the past few months are now being sync'd - or do they need to change their password again for it to sync?

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. Ishtiaq 71 Reputation points
    2021-10-08T13:58:48.263+00:00

    Good news, Password synch is now working, although I've not yet heard it from Microsoft in response to our support ticket. Just tested on a couple of Client server and it works!
    Lets hope its a permanent fix...

    Was this answer helpful?


  4. Will Dreiling 1 Reputation point
    2021-10-05T21:02:19.753+00:00

    Don't know if anyone else can repro, and it's definitely suboptimal, but we managed to fix this by temporarily enabling user password resets in AAD.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. David Moore 6 Reputation points
    2021-10-03T20:07:07.877+00:00

    Has anybody got an answer yet for this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.