How do I download attachment and retain date modified to when the attachment/email date received, instead of when I saved/downloaded the attachment?

Anonymous
2024-09-04T03:28:35+00:00

In the classic outlook, when I download an attachment, it will be saved and show date modified of the date the email was received.

When I switch to New Outlook, the download attachment option is no longer available. It's replaced with "Save as" and when I save attachment it will show date modified of when I downloaded/saved the attachment.

How do I change the settings to get it back to the way it was before?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-04T05:37:09+00:00

    Dear Muhammad,

    Good day!

    Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist!

    I understand your concern and you are absolutely right, in the classic outlook downloaded attachment show date modified of the date the email was received. However, in new outlook I can reproduce your issue at my side. It could be Microsoft changed something at backend. In the meantime, I do apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and I will report it to our Product Development Team and hopefully this can be included in the future updates.

    Please note, since the new outlook is still under active development, Microsoft is constantly working on improving their products and adding new features. I suggest keeping an eye on the Microsoft Outlook blog Things to look forward to in the new Outlook for Windows - Microsoft Community Hub or the Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365 for any updates on this feature. Moreover, you can also provide your feedback directly to the new outlook developer team via the new outlook in-app feedback site. to do this, go to Help-->Feedback or post this concern as an idea to our Outlook feedback site via Outlook · Community (microsoft.com). However, if you heavily rely on this feature, you may consider toggling out of the new Outlook for Windows preview for now. I will also update here once I get additional information and the specific timeline for the feature will be added. Thanks for your precious time and your understanding would be highly appreciated. Have a nice day!

    Best regards,

    Inema |Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments