How to recover my hotmail password without my phone number

Anonymous
2024-07-19T22:55:01+00:00

Hello! I have another Hotmail account and I still have access to it, but I forgot my password for this one. I want to open it on another device but the problem is that I don't have my old phone number anymore and couldn't get a code. Also, I forgot most of my answers to the security questions, and I answered them untruthfully. Is there anything I can do now? I have so much important information in this account. Please help!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-20T08:52:38+00:00

    Hello Sabrina Smai

    Thanks for using Microsoft products and posting in the community.  

    I understand that you've forgotten the password for your account and the phone number for verification is no longer available. The good news is that it seems you can still access your account on one device.

    Given your situation, your account is at risk. If the old device loses the login credentials, you may lose access to your account. Therefore, it's advised to back up any important information from the device where you can access your account as soon as possible.

    In fact, you can try to add new authentication information on the device where you currently have access to this account. You can go to 'My Microsoft account', select 'Security' and then 'Manage how I sign in'.

    Image

    You'll need to verify your security information, select 'I don't have any of these'.

    Image

    You'll be directed to a page to change your security information.

    Image

    Follow the prompts to add a new backup email or phone number. The new security information will be available after 30 days, and you can use it to change your password. I understand waiting 30 days can be frustrating, but it's a measure to prevent someone from removing your security information without your knowledge. For detailed information, you can refer to the Microsoft support page. What does “Security info change is still pending” mean? - Microsoft Support

    I hope you can successfully recover your account. Good luck.

    Best Regards, 

    Zachary.W - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T15:40:21+00:00

    Hi, if I'll click the Security. This is showing up instead of 'Manage how I sign in'.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-26T01:40:50+00:00

    Thanks for your reply.

    If this is the case, it is possible that your login credentials have been in use for a long time and need to be re-verified.

    You can try filling out the account recovery form using a device that you commonly use with your account. A recovery form submitted from a trusted device is more likely to be successful than one from a new device. Additionally, you can refer to some suggestions and tips on this website. Help with the Microsoft account recovery form - Microsoft Support

    You can also follow the steps below to contact live chat support, who may be able to provide some guidance on recovering your account.

    1. You can try logging in to the following website.
      Contact Us - Microsoft Support
    2. Select Microsoft 365 > get home support.
    3. Enter your details of the issue, for example, account recovery.
    4. Then tap Contact Support in the bottom left corner.
    5. Choose from the following categories: Other Products, Manage account security.
    6. Select Chat with a support agent in your web browser.

    TIPS: Please contact us during local working hours on weekdays, CHAT does not work 24 hours a day.

    Best Regards, 

    Zachary.W - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments