Do rules not work on Junk Mail??

Anonymous
2023-11-13T23:01:04+00:00

A good percentage of the mail that winds up in my junk mail box is easily identifiable, because the spammers have been nice enough to add a numerical string to the mail subjects. However, try as I might, I can't make a rule that will just delete those mails as they arrive so that I never see them. See here:

This rule that I wrote-

Does nothing at all to get rid of these mails. I know that I should just ignore them because they're in my junk already, but even paring out some of them will make it easier when I check every few weeks to make sure nothing important got caught in spam. Why is it not working?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T23:37:20+00:00

    Hello Fuzzbox000

    Hi, I'm Karl and will be happy to help you today.

    Messages delivered to the Junk folder are already considered blocked by the Outlook.com Junk filter. There is nothing more you can do about those messages. There is no option to completely prevent something from being delivered to the "mailbox". You cannot create a rule since rules only apply to items delivered to the Inbox and the Outlook.com Junk filter runs ahead of any rules. Also for information, any messages sent by senders on the Blocked Senders list get elivered to the Junk folder.

    I have an article on the Junk folder and filter that you may find of interest

    Basics: About Outlook.com Junk filter and folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/outlk_com-outtop_account/basics-about-outlookcom-junk-filter-and-folder/0d539809-c0fb-44fb-bd1b-d172c0dcae47

    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help you further if needed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments