How do I remove suggested accounts from outlook?

Anonymous
2023-05-01T00:33:53+00:00

When I click on a hyperlink on a website which takes me through to email automatically, i am brought to the outlook page. If i then go to accounts > add account there is suggested email addresses there.

Even having deleted them using the prompts, they are still there in the suggested emails and can be signed in with one click without having to enter a password, which is a major security risk.

How can I actually delete them? I have tried changing my password on the suggested email but alarmingly, the suggested email problem I'm describing above bypassed entering the new password and logged in automatically.

I have also tried clearing cache in outlook and google chrome and nothing has worked.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

35 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-26T11:08:21+00:00

    I struggled with same and this is what worked for me

    remove all - C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneAuth\blobs

    open each file with notepad in - C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneAuth\accounts

    check which account you want to keep, and remove the files with unwanted accounts

    remove all - C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\IdentityCache

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-01T20:21:47+00:00

    I want close Outlook Acc. No Problem Sign In ******@outlook.com It Is Fine and PW Rainnyday@10 It is Good Only problem is SHARE LINK is not easy share or cannot remove RECOMMENT EMAIL ADDRESS If you need verify you can go to ******@gmail.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-03T21:28:49+00:00

    I updated my reply. You can try to see if deleting the contents of those directories that helps. Please procees with caution, I'm no expert in this matter. I just dig around places until something works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-07T15:42:24+00:00

    Kcrtr, your solution works. Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T16:19:30+00:00

    Hi KC,

    Thanks for the additional info. I followed your suggestion, but it didn't work out at first. However, after trying a combination of the suggestions from you, Mr. H3lL and Jan van der Plas1 I was able to make it happen, at least for me. I use Google Chrome, my OS is Windows 11 and I installed the New Outlook, via the button in Windows Mail at the top right.

    Here is what I had to do:

    1. Remove the account (if not already done) in New Outlook via its Settings button
    2. In Google Chrome you need to clear the cookies:
      • Go to chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
      • Check 'Cookies and other site data'
      • Click 'Clear data' button.
    3. Remove the account in Windows (if it is there): Windows Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts > click on the account that you want to remove > click Remove.
    4. Remove all files in C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneAuth\blobs
    5. Remove everything in C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\IdentityCache (in my case that was only one directory named 1)
    6. Open each file with notepad in C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneAuth\accounts and remove the files that contain the unwanted account
    7. Open each file with notepad in C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook and remove the files that contain the unwanted account. FYI No need to check the subdirs.
    8. Restart the computer (very important).

    Reopen New Outlook and if you try to add the account again you will need its password.

    By the way, the following dirs where not in my computer:

    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\HubAppFileCache 
    
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\MruServiceCache 
    

    Have a nice day!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments