How do I remove suggested accounts from outlook?

Anonymous
2023-05-01T00:33:53+00:00

When I click on a hyperlink on a website which takes me through to email automatically, i am brought to the outlook page. If i then go to accounts > add account there is suggested email addresses there.

Even having deleted them using the prompts, they are still there in the suggested emails and can be signed in with one click without having to enter a password, which is a major security risk.

How can I actually delete them? I have tried changing my password on the suggested email but alarmingly, the suggested email problem I'm describing above bypassed entering the new password and logged in automatically.

I have also tried clearing cache in outlook and google chrome and nothing has worked.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

35 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-06T13:39:28+00:00

    Tbh, the new outlook is lousy and problematic. I am facing the same issue where i couldn't remove/delete the "suggested account" data which have all the passwords saved somewhere.

    The issue I am facing is i changed one of my email account password and this "New Outlook" app have no option to update the password or repair the email syncing. It just keeps on asking me to press Sign in to "fix" or Manage Account but all it shows is just error. There is no way to fix it, even after searching for all the outlook files and deleted them also no use.

    I switched back to the old Mail & Calendar app and I can fix the account syncing simply by just keying in the new password when the app prompted me.

    I hope Microsoft doesn't kill the great Mail app to replace with a junk "New Outlook" app that gives trouble more than the old reliable app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-27T15:30:11+00:00

    For New Outlook Desktop App:

    I saw a few people saying they had issues with clearing the suggested accounts on the new outlook app. I was able to solve my problem as follows:

    I closed the Outlook app and deleted everything from these two directories (I backed it up elsewhere jusssttt in case):

    C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneAuth\blobs
    C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneAuth\accounts

    When I reopened the app the accounts I no longer needed were gone. Hope this helps!

    Update 03-Apr-2024:

    I found two more folders.

    C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\HubAppFileCache
    C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\MruServiceCache

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-13T03:07:31+00:00

    My hero. This has been an extremely vexing problem for a long time and it definitely ties into this OneAuth thing. Bravo kind internet user.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-13T03:18:16+00:00

    Glad I could help! 😊

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T07:36:42+00:00

    Hi KC,

    I have followed your suggestion, but unluckily it didn't work out. As soon as I restart the mail app or restart my computer both subdirs are there again, including all information and the suggested accounts.

    I also tried to clean up my computer with CCleaner before restarting it, hoping to delete any resident info, but no success. Apparently it keeps back-ups of these subdirs available somewhere somehow. I searched my computer to find any back-ups directly but that didn't help as well. Do you have any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments