How do I remove suggested accounts from outlook?

Anonymous
2023-05-01T00:33:53+00:00

When I click on a hyperlink on a website which takes me through to email automatically, i am brought to the outlook page. If i then go to accounts > add account there is suggested email addresses there.

Even having deleted them using the prompts, they are still there in the suggested emails and can be signed in with one click without having to enter a password, which is a major security risk.

How can I actually delete them? I have tried changing my password on the suggested email but alarmingly, the suggested email problem I'm describing above bypassed entering the new password and logged in automatically.

I have also tried clearing cache in outlook and google chrome and nothing has worked.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

35 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T03:23:28+00:00

    Hello,

    I have the same issue. I'm using the New Outlook in Windows 11.

    Thank you !!!

    Carlos Ochoa

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-21T19:35:24+00:00

    No, I don't think you understood the issue, I have the same one.

    I am trying to add another email to my outlook (So on the app I can select between them)

    When i select "Add Account" it does not let me input a new account, I only get an option to generate an entirely new outlook.com or, for some reason, it suggests accounts I already have or have deleted, which then leads to the point David made about being able to access deleted email accounts with minimal fuss.

    Previous version would allow you to select "add account" and then select if it were outlook/yahoo etc or give you the option to generate a new one, this is not available now and means I (and at least 40 others at the time of writing) cannot definitively remove old email accounts or add new/existing ones to the outlook app.

    Please see (hopefully) attached picture for issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T03:40:53+00:00

    On Google Chrome you need to clear the cookies.

    chrome://settings/clearBrowserData

    Check Cookies and other site data

    Click Clear data button.

    For the New Outlook app you need to delete Email & accounts.

    Windows Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts > click on the account that you don't want to see anymore then click Remove.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T05:50:08+00:00

    Did not work, no change.

    To clarify, I had already gone via the Windows Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts > click on the account that you don't want to see anymore then click Remove route however, it removes it from the email screen but still appears in the drop-down options as a "suggested account".

    thanks for the assist but has not resolved the issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments