How do I remove suggested accounts from outlook?

Anonymous
2023-05-01T00:33:53+00:00

When I click on a hyperlink on a website which takes me through to email automatically, i am brought to the outlook page. If i then go to accounts > add account there is suggested email addresses there.

Even having deleted them using the prompts, they are still there in the suggested emails and can be signed in with one click without having to enter a password, which is a major security risk.

How can I actually delete them? I have tried changing my password on the suggested email but alarmingly, the suggested email problem I'm describing above bypassed entering the new password and logged in automatically.

I have also tried clearing cache in outlook and google chrome and nothing has worked.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

35 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T15:31:14+00:00

    Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-13T07:46:57+00:00

    You are welcome. Happy to make a difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T01:46:10+00:00

    This is the process that finally worked for me, thank you for taking the time to create this detailed response!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-19T20:00:30+00:00

    I struggled with same and this is what worked for me

    remove all - C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneAuth\blobs

    open each file with notepad in - C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneAuth\accounts

    check which account you want to keep, and remove the files with unwanted accounts

    remove all - C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\IdentityCache

    Thanks, that worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-09T16:46:45+00:00

    Hello, I am using the new Outlook on the web. When I click on the "Email, phone, or Skype" upon Sign in. When I click on the sign on line to input my email address. A black space pops up with extremely old emails. How do I delete and stop these from popping up ever?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments