Group calendar is showing under Favorites and unable to unfavorite or delete

Anonymous
2021-09-10T20:32:45+00:00

Hello,

I got several group emails so somehow it's start to show under my favorite section without any reason. I can't unfavorite them nor delete them. It's very annoying because it's taking too many space of the favorite section. I provided a screenshot for this issue. Is there a way to get rid of these group calendar? Or maybe hide them? I just need Inbox in the favorite section. Thanks.

Lots of group calendar showed in the Favorites and unable to unfavorite or delete.

Right click on one of these group calendar and it's showing this option window. I clicked "delete calendar", NOTHING happens...

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-09-10T23:27:34+00:00

Hello Peter,

I'm Diane, an Office Apps & Services MVP specializing in Outlook, and I’m happy to help you today.

Are you using Outlook software installed on your desktop or opening Outlook on the web in a browser? (This forum is for Outlook on the web.)

You shouldn't have calendars in the Favorites section in Mail module.

If it's in Outlook desktop software, the navigation pane is corrupt - you can restart Outlook using the /resetnavpane switch.

Close Outlook. Right-click on the Start button and choose Run or press Windows key + R to open the Run command. Type or paste the following into the Open field and press Enter or click OK to restart Outlook. (There is a space before /.)

outlook.exe /resetnavpane

Note: This will wipe out all folders on Favorites in Mail module and reset the Calendar and Contacts modules to the default format.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-11T01:19:08+00:00

    Hello Diane,

    Thanks for the quick response! It actually the desktop Outlook version. Sorry for posted in the wrong forum!

    The solution you provided works very well! I simply Run "outlook.exe /resetnavpane" and it does reset the favorite section.

    Thanks so much!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T00:16:18+00:00

    THANK YOU for such a detailed message! I also had this mysterious event happen the past couple of days and am just now able to explore a fix... it's been a long couple of days of accidently opening up calendars when trying to access emails.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-21T02:18:29+00:00

    Thanks Diane! It was driving me insane :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments