Outlook Tasks no longer displaying embedded content

Anonymous
2018-04-25T11:48:07+00:00

Hi All,

Does someone have a solution for Outlook Tasks no longer displaying embedded messages and links correctly ?

Instead of an envelope (for messages) or the underlined text for links, the task now only shows:

(EMBED Outlook.MsgAttach)

(HYPERLINK "///...........)

I can not click on any of those text items, e.g. all links appear to be lost. Yet when I click "safe all attachments", it saves them o.k. to a new desktop (for example) location.

Any suggestion / help greatly appreciated.

Rgds.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Hal Hostetler MVP-Outlook 12,011 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2018-05-02T23:20:18+00:00

Have you tried pressing ALT+F9 in a new task to toggle the Field Codes display?  This applies to new tasks as well as messages:

Inserting hyperlink shows {HYPERLINK}

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

10 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-02T08:11:01+00:00

    Hi Barry, my apologise for the late reply - I was out of office.

    I have reset the view - but the embedded attachments are still not showing in the task folder.

    Interestingly enough, they show correctly in a one view, but when I click and open the task itself, they are replaced by text.

    The two attached screenshots show you how I can see the outlook mail and excel item in one view but no longer when I click on and open the task item.

    Task itself:

    I ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/29ce12b6-7e6d-4943-9ff1-0893843b1ca2?platform=QnA

    Different View (list with reading pane switched on):  Here they are perfectly o.k., but not when I double click and open the actual task.

    Rgds,, Marius 

    [PII removd by Forum Moderator]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-01T22:36:40+00:00

    Hello M.Schuler,

    Could you provide us the information when you have time?

    Thanks,

    Barry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-04-29T21:56:27+00:00

    Hello M.Schuler,

    Thanks for your information.

    Please navigate to View > Current View and select Reset view to check if it helps. Also, let us know the results after you run Microsoft Office Configuration Analyzer Tool and quick repair.

    Meanwhile, we are unable to see the screenshots you shared. Please use the Insert Image button the reply window to share the screenshots again. Your cooperation is highly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Barry

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-04-26T16:07:00+00:00

    Hi - sorry for the late reply - here is the info on the version:

    Task: What once was displayed as a proper hyperlink (underlined text) appears not as per highlight below. Embedded Outlook e-mails not appear as test rather than the envelope item as shown further down in the screenshot.

    I will be travelling for the next few days and will have intermittent e-mail access.

    Thank you for trying to help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments