How do I export my new Outlook.com calendar

Anonymous
2016-10-05T16:02:53+00:00

I've searched already and the answers are all outdated. I'm trying to figure out how to export my new outlook.com calendar. Ever since it has changed to the calendar with the black bar, I don't see any options to export or share the calendar. It only shows share via email invite.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-26T09:22:50+00:00

After going through every online setting, I stumbled across a way to export/download your calendars.

First, go to the settings icon in the top right corner and select "options" from the drop down menu.

Next, make sure the drop down menu under "calendar" is opened.

Select, "Publish calendar."

Select the calendar you want to export.  Then decide how much calendar info you want to download.  Select "Create."  This will give you two options, HTML or ICS.  If you want to download the calendar, click on the ICS link.  This will open up another window in your browser and on you computer prompting you to save the file.

Select "Save" and the calendar should download to your computer.  You can upload or import it after that.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

11 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-06T20:43:15+00:00

    So there is no longer a way to export my outlook.com calendar to other calendar applications and such?

    I can't stand Microsoft products because of it's unreliability. I have an Xbox One, 2 Xbox 360's, 2 Windows Phones, 2 Windows Surfaces RT's, and paid version on Windows 10. Getting things to work and sync across devices are a pain. Microsoft makes claims that office products are compatible with one another, but they are not.

    I wish I would have went with android and chromebooks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-12-22T11:58:27+00:00

    It is possible, and already has been explained here. 😀

    Hi Xarcell

    In case I missed something, I don't think it has. The solution I saw only imports some of the calendar entries. But I did find a solution. Here's what I did. I set up outlook.com to sync with the calendar application on my Mac. I then exported each calendar as a separate .ics file, which I then imported into Google calendar. Doing it this way, I was able to get all of my calendar entries, not just a selected date range of a few months. It seems, if you can sync outlook.com to a desktop application it's an effective solution for extracting your calendars. It might work using the desktop version of Outlook as well but I didn't try this method.  

    So the moral of the story: Microsoft, hasn't listened for pleas for Google calendar integration and isn't going to. So for those of us who need to also use Google calendar, there really isn't any choice, ditch outlook.com and go with Google. Not because Google are any better at responding to problems like this, arguably they are worse, but if you go with their system, you can at least extract your data relatively easily if you need to, rather than ludicrous work arounds like this.

    So, bye bye outlook.com. I really enjoyed using you, really nice UI, worked pretty well but no good until you can learn to play nicely with others.

    Cheers

    Nick.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-12-22T03:23:46+00:00

    Hi All

    Thanks Fish for the info. Apologies in advance if this appears to be a rant at you, it isn't it is a furious rant at Microsoft about this issue and a request for some help. 

    I signed up for an outlook.com account and liked the features well enough. Then I had a need to sync my outlook.com calendar with a google calendar (won't bore with the reasons why). I found pages and pages of requests from Microsoft users about how to do this going back years - absolutely desultory non-response from Microsoft. At the end of my tether, I have given up and I am trying to leave outlook.com and go to Google calendar - basically, since they absolutely refuse to work together I had to pick one. 

    So, I now need to export ALL of my calendar data off of outlook.com. After hours of frustration, I independently came to the same solution as you. Basically, Settings -> Options -> Publish Calendar -> download the data as an ICS file and import it into Google Calendar. I have several calendars in outlook.com and I had to go through this laborious process for each one.

    Imagine my joy then to discover that not all entries for each calendar have been downloaded. Entries only go back a few months and a couple of months into the future. So it seems that not only can I not sync with Google calendar, which is ludicrous enough in the age of shared calendars where it is entirely absurd to think that everyone will be using the same service, I can't even extract all of my data! I get it Microsoft, you want to lock me into your crappy service but I can't because I have to also use Google, no other option, so making it bloody impossible to leave won't make me stay, it will just stop me ever buying another one of Microsoft's products again in protest.

    And before anyone starts in on it being a free service - yeah right! Like it isn't a hook to get access to your data and use it for marketing etc. If the product is free, you are the product as the saying goes. I can live with that as long as it bloody works! This one doesn't and people have been telling Microsoft about this issue for years - please feel free to check this very forum. So it's time to vote with our feet.

    So, my question to the community, has anyone found a way to export every single calendar entry (not just a selected date range) so that we can use a different product that will actually work for us? And just to clarify, I'm using the cloud-based outlook.com service not Outlook desktop.

    In the unlikely event that anyone working at Microsoft cares and could be bothered to provide a solution that would be great but to be honest, I think it's pretty clear we're on our own. Any help much appreciated.

    Thanks

    Nick

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-11-10T15:02:30+00:00

    How do I export more than 3 months' worth of calendar entries?  I need a year's worth of data.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments