Issues with Forwarding Emails and Attachments in Outlook App (Mac)

Anonymous
2024-12-13T14:04:54+00:00

Hi,

Every time I try to forward an email with attached files, it doesn't work.

I click "Forward" on the email, but when I exit the email and then go back into it from the drafts, all the attachments are gone. We are using the Outlook app on a Mac.

We have tried resetting the account, but it doesn't work, and i am on Version 16.93 (24121111)

Microsoft 365 Insider | Outlook | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-12-18T01:45:42+00:00

Hello, Natasha Andersen

Thank you for your update.

It’s great to hear that rolling back to version 16.90 resolved your primary issue. However, encountering issues in 16.92 (e.g., replying to emails when sorted by 'From') is understandably frustrating. Regarding fixes for Version 16.92, I cannot have confirmed details yet. However, the article I am sharing is a knowledge-based document, regularly maintained by Microsoft staff, and will be updated as new versions become available.

Currently, Version 16.90 is the latest stable release, so please continue using it. Additionally, based on both actual tests and the official update history, there is minimal difference in the user experience between Versions 16.90 and 16.91-16.93.

For more details, please refer to the Office for Mac update history document -<Release notes for Office for Mac - Office release notes | Microsoft Learn>

Additionally, it is my honor to be able to help you solve the problem. Please vote Yes or No below this post to help others with similar concerns, thank you ;)

Sincerely,

Chandy.L

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

4 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-17T14:05:25+00:00

    Hi

    I've now tried rolling back my Outlook, and it works. However, I’ve encountered several issues in version 16.92. Will these bugs be fixed?

    The issue I’ve just discovered is that when I sort my inbox by 'From' instead of 'Date', I can’t reply to emails. It just creates a blank email in my drafts without my signature.

    I rolled back to version 16.90, and it works fine now.

    Is there any indication that this will be fixed?

    Best regards

    Natasha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-17T07:20:51+00:00

    Dear, Natasha Andersen

    Thanks for your clarification in this regard.

    We respectfully to let you know that you may currently be in the preview program of Outlook for Mac, so your issue is "A known problem in certain versions of the Outlook app for Mac, particularly with Microsoft 365 Insider builds. Missing attachments when forwarding emails could be due to a software bug, settings misconfiguration, or a compatibility issue between the version you're using and recent updates."

    Kindly check this article -<Unable to add files as an attachment to emails in Outlook for Mac - Microsoft Support>

    As mentioned earlier, if your Outlook for Mac update channel is in the Insider program, please try switching and exiting. The steps are as follows:

    1. Open Outlook
    2. Click Help in the upper right corner
    3. Select Check for Updates
    4. Click Advanced
    5. Select Current Channel

    Then try to download version 16.90 of Outlook for Mac, please click the direct download link below to download, please see:

    October 15, 2024 16.90 (24101387) https://officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/C1297A47-86C4-4C1F-97FA-950631F94777/MacAutoupdate/Microsoft_Outlook_16.90.24101387_Updater.pkg

    As a friendly reminder, you may also consider uninstalling Outlook for Mac and reconfiguring your mailbox using the official version 16.90. This approach may resolve the issue with attachment forwarding. For detailed uninstallation and configuration steps, please refer to the following Microsoft support articles:

    Temporary Workaround: If the issue persists while waiting for a fix, you can:

    • Use the Outlook Web App (OWA) for forwarding emails with attachments.
    • Save attachments to your Mac and reattach them in new emails manually within the Outlook app.

    Let me know how it goes or if you'd like detailed instructions for any of the steps above, thanks ;)

    Best regards,

    Chandy.L |Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-16T11:10:26+00:00

    Hi,

    Based on your description, I know the scenario you met. For this, to narrow down the issue, please be kinly to log in your account in outlook on the web and then try to forward emails on the web and check if you can do this on the web side?

    it works in the online version

    If you can do this via web app, it means there is something wrong with your outlook client. For this scenario, please be kindly to create a new profile according to Manage profiles in Outlook for Mac - Microsoft Support. Then check if this can you.
    I have tried to create a new profile via your link and using Outlook Profile Manager, but it’s not working. I still can’t forward an email with attachments.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-13T16:52:01+00:00

    Dear Natasha Andersen

    Thank you for choosing the Microsoft Community.

    Based on your description, I know the scenario you met. For this, to narrow down the issue, please be kinly to log in your account in outlook on the web and then try to forward emails on the web and check if you can do this on the web side?

    If you can do this via web app, it means there is something wrong with your outlook client. For this scenario, please be kindly to create a new profile according to Manage profiles in Outlook for Mac - Microsoft Support. Then check if this can you.

    If this also happen in outlook on the web, please feel free to update me. I will continue to help you based on the information you provide. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.

    Thank you for your precious time. Have a nice day

    Sincerely

    Katherine

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments