Conversations involving multiple participants, allowing collaboration and information sharing in Teams
Dear Sarah,
Good day!
Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist!
Based on your description regarding "New teams showing unread chats when there aren't any". Would you mind offering below information:
- May I double confirm that you checked if they are not Activity Notification? To check this kindly click on Activity icon
- May I please confirm that you get same situation in both Teams for Desktop and Teams on Web (https://teams.microsoft.com/)?
- May I double confirm that you are using updated Teams? Version update history for Teams app deployments - Office release notes | Microsoft Learn
- May I know if you are using Windows or Mac device?
- Would you mind providing the screenshot which shows unread message you are experiencing via private message for the privacy of your data? I would like to make some more consultations on this issue from my end as well. For data security reasons, please provide some above requested information in private message. Here is the steps for private message: Click on Account manager or your profile-->my profile-->View private message. (See below screenshot)
Looking forward to your response!
Best regards,
Inema |Community Moderator