Create Task from Teams NOT visible

Anonymous
2022-06-07T16:55:24+00:00

I cannot see the same actions as a colleague at my company. I want to be able to create a task from a message in teams chat. I CAN do this from Teams TEAM CHAT but not from individual or group chats. See below for what I see in the TEAMS tab.

We are both running Version 1.5.00.12661. 

Notice our first two items under More Actions do not match.

How do I get the Create Task option visible in my Teams App?

See below for what we see in the CHAT tab.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Tasks | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-06-08T03:31:51+00:00

Dear Jordan_G_613,

Thank you for the information and screenshots you kindly shared with us.

I tried to test this feature in my lab but failed to reproduce it. On my side, I can use “Create a Task” in both web app and desktop client. To further investigate issue, you may try following steps to narrow down this issue:

  1. Please sign in Teams Web App to see if issue exists on web version (https://teams.microsoft.com/ ).
  2. Please try to ad add-in “Tasks by Planner and To-Do” in Teams. According to my test result, I can use this feature for personal chat when this add-in is installed in Teams. If I uninstall it, I can’t use this feature any more for personal chat. Therefore, if you haven't installed it, I recommend you install this add-in to see if it can make any difference.
  3. For Microsoft Teams desktop app, you could try to exit Teams and clear its caches, then reboot computer and launch Teams, sign in your account again to check result.

We look forward to your response. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Etta Ma MSFT | Microsoft Community Moderator

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-10T02:31:54+00:00

    Dear Jordan_G_613,

    Hope everything goes well with you. If you need further help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

    Sincerely,

    Etta Ma MSFT | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments