Why is my android phone ringing when I get a Teams Call while my phone is on Vibrate?

Anonymous
2022-10-13T17:50:48+00:00

This just recently started happening, my Pixel 6 pro is ringing when I get a teams call, even though the phone is on vibrate. I checked the settings and the teams call notification is set to the default of the phone, so I have no idea why it is ringing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling teams, I also tried restarting the phone.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

5 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-13T19:48:26+00:00

    I should have mentioned that I tried that to. It doesn't ring, but it also doesn't show me anymore that someone is calling (which I thought was also strange, I was expecting it to still give me the notification, just not ring).

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-13T18:44:50+00:00

    So the issue isn't that it doesn't vibrate (because it also vibrates). The issue is that the ringer plays on loud even though my phones default is for calls to Only Vibrate. I even put the phone on silent and when someone calls me on Teams it starts ringing (and vibrating). I had someone call my cell phone to verify that phone calls are appropriately only vibrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-13T18:34:26+00:00

    Hello! My name is Mustafa, and I am an Independent Advisor as well as a long-time Microsoft user. I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue, and I am hopeful that I will be able to help you find a satisfactory solution.

    It is something that is from your settings, I have that feature in my android phone as well, Go to Teams settings>notifications>calls>Vibrate from there you can turn it on or off. I have attached a screenshot of what it might look like.

    Please let me know if this doesn't work or if you need further assistance.

    Warm Regards,

    Mustafa

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-13T19:53:49+00:00

    I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. Let's ask other advisors and fellow Teams users for other suggestions that might help.

    They would be able to respond to this thread and share their input.

    Your patience will be highly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-13T19:42:17+00:00

    Hey Matt, can you click on the silent button that I have made a red circle around? and ask someone to call you to see if it still rings.

    Kind regards

    Mustafa

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments