Issues Viewing Shared PowerPoint Presentations on Mobile App Teams

Anonymous
2020-04-17T20:20:46+00:00

I have been exploring Teams for work and have run into an issue with viewing shared PPTs on mobile devices using the Teams app.  The device, a laptop, is sharing the PPT, but mobile devices that I have tested, including an Android tablet, Android phone, and iPhone are unable to view the PPT when connected to the meeting via the Teams app.  The android devices do not have this issue if they connect through the chrome web browser, it seems to be an issue with the Teams app specifically.

Are there any solutions to this issue?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

21 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-12T16:53:06+00:00

    I also seem to being having this problems with "Guests" outside the company can not see the PPT's when shared. I wonder if the issue is a permission thing? Either way, this problem seems the same in my situation. The workaround has been to share the screen rather than the PPT. If you have sound/video click the system sound check box! I hope this is fixed, or the error message is improved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-13T23:21:22+00:00

    Check meeting settings (table 7) this is the direct link. 

    Allow PowerPoint sharing

    This is a per-user policy. This setting controls whether the user can share PowerPoint slide decks in a meeting. External users, including anonymous, guest, and federated users, inherit the policy of the meeting organizer.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/issues-viewing-shared-powerpoint-presentations-on/d8044dc8-68b0-44d9-90a7-083f6f9f381b

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-28T07:48:54+00:00

    Hello,

    This happens on my mobile device when a presenter uses the Powerpoint tab (browse) method. We want to use this function as it apparently saves on bandwidth as you are presenting from a hosted file. When I join from my mobile android device nothing shows up. I am signed in with a guest account to the team. If I use the share desktop it works, if I sign in anonymously without signing into the app (so use the join as guest button without signing in) it works.

    Permissions are set correctly...Is this a bug for some devices?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-28T13:51:04+00:00

    This is my EXACT problem too Rob. And the same reason that I want to use a PowerPoint file hosted on OneDrive. It works SO MUCH better on low bandwidth/high latency connections. We tried it with rural participants using satellite internet and sharing through the PowerPoint tab (OneDrive) method works almost instantly. When sharing from desktop the presentation is minutes behind on the satellite connection.

    Love to hear any solutions on this from anyone...

    Mark

    Hello,

    This happens on my mobile device when a presenter uses the Powerpoint tab  (browse) method. We want to use this function as it apparently saves on bandwidth as you are presenting from a hosted file. When I join from my mobile android device nothing shows up. I am signed in with a guest account to the team. If I use the share desktop it works, if I sign in anonymously without signing into the app (so use the join as guest button without signing in) it works.

    Permissions are set correctly...Is this a bug for some devices?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments