Issues Viewing Shared PowerPoint Presentations on Mobile App Teams

Anonymous
2020-04-17T20:20:46+00:00

I have been exploring Teams for work and have run into an issue with viewing shared PPTs on mobile devices using the Teams app.  The device, a laptop, is sharing the PPT, but mobile devices that I have tested, including an Android tablet, Android phone, and iPhone are unable to view the PPT when connected to the meeting via the Teams app.  The android devices do not have this issue if they connect through the chrome web browser, it seems to be an issue with the Teams app specifically.

Are there any solutions to this issue?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

21 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-28T14:44:48+00:00

    More info..

    I switched my org back to the default one it creates and clicked join meeting. The app asked me if I wanted to switch to the org "xxx" of which I am a guest of. I clicked skip and logged into the meeting and the deck slide works. If I switch to the "xxx" org it doesn't work.

    Seems to be an issue with "Guest" accounts in a Team. Bit weird how an "anonymous" login gets to see this deck but an added "Guest" doesn't if it's a permission thing..

    Anyone from MS with an idea?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-13T23:21:22+00:00

    Check meeting settings (table 7) this is the direct link. 

    Allow PowerPoint sharing

    This is a per-user policy. This setting controls whether the user can share PowerPoint slide decks in a meeting. External users, including anonymous, guest, and federated users, inherit the policy of the meeting organizer.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/issues-viewing-shared-powerpoint-presentations-on/d8044dc8-68b0-44d9-90a7-083f6f9f381b

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-12T16:53:06+00:00

    I also seem to being having this problems with "Guests" outside the company can not see the PPT's when shared. I wonder if the issue is a permission thing? Either way, this problem seems the same in my situation. The workaround has been to share the screen rather than the PPT. If you have sound/video click the system sound check box! I hope this is fixed, or the error message is improved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-12T13:56:02+00:00

    We are having he same exact issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments