Error approving login via Authenticator app

Cassiano 100 Reputation points
2025-07-17T17:47:43.09+00:00

To access my Microsoft account, I'm using the Authenticator app for validation. Therefore, I don't use a password; I simply approve the login from the notification I receive in the Authenticator app. This worked until now, but now I get a message saying "That password is incorrect for your Microsoft account" (see the image below), even though I'm not using a password! In the Authenticator app, I don't receive any error, just the message that the login was approved successfully.

I've reinstalled the Authenticator app, disabled and re-enabled alternative login methods... Nothing works. The issue has occurred on both my smartphone and my laptop.

Sem título

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator

7 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Emil Swanepoel 5 Reputation points
    2025-07-22T08:17:34.7+00:00

    Same issue, how canI report it as well?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. J4desgns 25 Reputation points
    2025-07-20T15:51:31.5833333+00:00

    it´s happend on chromium explorers,chrome, edge etc try with firefox and work peferct

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.