How do I change my microsoft edge background?

yana 25 Reputation points
2025-07-15T16:42:09.2433333+00:00

I'm trying to change my wallpaper and every time I press the settings button at the top nothing appears or if the setting button does work and I choose change background the settings button automatically closes.

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 11
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-07-15T17:24:09.5766667+00:00

Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

When was the last time it worked properly?

Please try the method below if it helps.

Press Windows key+R to open Run then type:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\Edge\

Make a backup of the User Data folder and save it on another location

After that delete the said folder on the path above

Once done, please try changing your Microsoft Edge background.

I look forward to receiving your update and I'm willing to collaborate with you till we resolve the issue. Do keep me informed.

Kind regards,

John DeV

Independent Advisor

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.