Unable to Verify Identity for Azure Login – Error 399287

Shiv Rathore 20 Reputation points
2025-07-14T06:16:14.7066667+00:00

Dear Microsoft Support Team,

Hope you're doing well and having a wonderful day!

I am experiencing an issue while trying to log in to my Azure account. Although I can successfully sign in to my Microsoft account, when attempting to access Azure, I am prompted to verify my identity. However, when I default phone verification, I've attached snapshot please check it. I receive the following error message:

“Sorry, we’re having trouble verifying your account. Please try again.”

And some time showing this “Too Many Requests” error.

I'm facing this problem since I linked this account to Microsoft Startup program. But at that time I logged-in it was working fine. And last 6-7 days ago when I tried to login, I am facing this problem. My Azure account still has active subscriptions, and I need access to manage my services.

Error Details:

• Service: Microsoft Azure

• Error Code: 399287

• Request Id: 80458a12-f978-4c0e-b728-e2fc022f8300

• Correlation Id: baa259ac-7b44-4ca9-9ac7-08adb86c4491

• Timestamp: 2025-07-11T10:40:23Z

• Verification Method Attempted: Azure-error

I have already tried alternative login methods and password reset options but have been unable to complete the identity verification process. I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Please let me know if any additional information is needed from my side.

Best regards,

Shivpal

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Answer accepted by question author
Raja Pothuraju 47,835 Reputation points Microsoft Employee Moderator
2025-07-25T04:50:33.7033333+00:00

Hello Shiv Rathore,

Thank you for sharing your details via private message.

I’ve reached out to the engineering team regarding the MFA issue on your account. They have now unblocked it from the backend and cleared the bad reputation associated with it. You should be able to log in to the Azure Portal without any issues.

Please try signing in and verify if you can complete SMS authentication successfully. Let me know if you encounter any problems.

As a best practice, I recommend registering the Microsoft Authenticator method for your account instead of relying on SMS. SMS and voice call authentication methods are more vulnerable to IRSF attacks (telephony fraud) and are generally less secure.

For better practice, I recommend registering with Microsoft Authenticator method to your account instead of SMS method as these SMS/Voice telecom auth methods are susceptible to IRSF attacks telephony fraud.

I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.