Locked out of my Azure tenant and subscription

Jaswanth Sunkara 20 Reputation points
2025-07-10T06:29:17.9466667+00:00

I am completely locked out of my Azure account. My subscription is no longer visible in the portal

I'm encountering repeated errors like:

AADSTS160021: Application requested a user session which does not exist. interaction_required

and

Interaction required The portal encountered an issue while attempting to retrieve access tokens. We suggest attempting to sign in again, or alternatively, continuing without access tokens, although this may result in a suboptimal user experience. Additional details: interaction_required: AADSTS160021: Application requested a user session which does not exist. Trace ID: 81130590-ba7c-4677-b984-51d914fa2900 Correlation ID: 1ba559df-887e-4212-861d-c23fda11ca9e Timestamp: 2025-07-10 06:06:40Z.

Artifacts:

  • Domain:  jaswanthrckgmail.onmicrosoft.com
  • Tenant ID: c7f88b16-4574-4ee3-95e6-c3ce7f223443 (not sure)

I cannot:

  • Access any tenant (I tried switching but no valid tenant shows)
  • Use Azure Portal (stuck in tenant-less state)
  • Use Azure CLI (az login fails due to invalid session)
  • Use Cloud Shell (fails to launch)
  • Submit a support request (because no active tenant/subscription is accessible)
  • I believe I may have broken tenant access by changing user settings or roles.

I’ve already tried:

  • Clearing browser cache and cookies

I need your urgent help either recovering access to the tenant or having the subscription reassigned to a working directory. I am currently preparing for sc-200

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Answer accepted by question author
Raja Pothuraju 47,825 Reputation points Microsoft Employee Moderator
2025-07-30T12:07:35.4766667+00:00

Hello Jaswanth Sunkara,

Try to login into Azure Portal by targeting your tenant ID.

https://portal.azure.com/c7f88b16-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-c3ce7f223443

I have shared UPN over private message.

You can sign in using the same password as your personal Microsoft account.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jacquelin Martineau-Rousseau 135 Reputation points
    2025-07-17T17:24:06.98+00:00

    Are you able to access entra.microsoft.com or myaccount.microsoft.com ?

    If you do not have any emergency accounts already in place to access your tenant, I fear you need to contact Microsoft customer service.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/customer-service-phone-numbers-c0389ade-5640-e588-8b0e-28de8afeb3f2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.