PNG and JPG files not working in Windows 11

Anonymous
2021-12-24T14:38:54+00:00

When I attempt to open PNG files with the default "Photos" app in Windows 11, I get an error "The specified procedure could not be fond". I never had this issue with before I upgraded Windows 10 last week. I uninstalled and installed the Photos program when I first encountered the problem, and restarted... and this worked.

Then the system installed an update and it's no longer reading the png files again, nor jpg. Has anyone experienced this, and is there a way to request an update to fix the problem?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-24T16:27:44+00:00

    Hi Epcott,

    I'm Paul and I'm here to help you with your concern.

    There are also other users who experienced this issue. I think no update patch released to fix the issue.

    I suggest that you try this methods for now.

    1.Run Windows Troubleshooter

    Open Settings => Update & Security => Troubleshoot => Windows Store Apps => Run the Troubleshooter.

    1. Reset or Repair Photos app.

    >> Open settings.

    >> Click on Apps and select Apps & feature from the left pane.

    >> Scroll down and select Photos App on the right pane.

    >> Click on Advanced option and then click on Reset or Repair.

    >> Restart the PC and check.

    1. Uninstall and reinstall Photos App.

    >> Open Windows PowerShell (Admin).

    >> Copy and paste this command, then press enter:

    Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage

    >> Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.

    >> Open Microsoft Store and install the Photos app.

    You can also try to send a suggestion or report regarding this issue through Feedback Hub App. Refer to the link below.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sen...

    I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments