Let’s finish setting up your device in Windows 10

NndnG 1,146 Reputation points
2021-06-11T19:54:20.917+00:00

Hi,

After installing Windows 10 updates we frequently see Let’s finish setting up your device:

104951-rescue869093413-2021-06-09-02h13m34s-girija-nandan.jpg

In spite of opting Remind me later, we again see it after few days or after installing another update.

Please let us know:

  • Can I disable this option permanently?
  • In some cases, if we want this option back, where to find and what we need to do?

Best Regards
NndnG

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

5 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Sean Liming 4,816 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-06-12T03:08:56.997+00:00

    Please try the following:

    1. Open Settings
    2. Click on System
    3. Click on Notfications & actions
    4. Uncheck "Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows"

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
  2. NndnG 1,146 Reputation points
    2021-06-14T18:07:14.603+00:00

    @Sean Liming and @Teemo Tang I am sorry for responding late.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. NndnG 1,146 Reputation points
    2021-06-14T18:06:34.627+00:00

    @Sean Liming and @Teemo Tang thank you replying.

    I unchecked the option Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows.

    I need to wait. I think I shouldn't see Let’s finish setting up your device.

    If I want to get the option manually, pls let me know, what I need to do?

    If I check the option, it will not show Let’s finish setting up your device instantly.

    Generally Let’s finish setting up your device comes after new updates.

    Best Regards
    NndnG

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Teemo Tang 11,586 Reputation points
    2021-06-14T06:00:14.5+00:00

    Go to Settings > System > Notifications & actions and uncheck Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows option. This should turn off that screen.

    If that doesn't works, try the registry based Method 2 mentioned here:
    https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-disable-get-even-more-out-of-windows-screen-windows-10

    To help you more on this, here's the video fix:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkDfhnR8kuA

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    If the Answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and upvote it.
    Information posted in the given link is hosted by a third party. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy and effectiveness of information.
    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?