AutoPilot.dll WIL error was reported Event 1010 - Causes Crashing/Issues Any fix?

Anonymous
2022-12-17T18:01:05+00:00

Hello everyone.

I've looked around the net to figure out what's going on and try to fix the issue, but to no avail. There's suggestions where it's mentioned to disable "Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant Service", I don't want to go that route as I won't be able to sign in for services. Another suggestion is to update, and my PC is fully up to date. Another suggestion was fixing Windows System Image and I've tried that and it's still happening.

OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit (10.0, Build 19045) This is the latest build

My pc has been having some issues where sometimes the screen goes blank. Basically it looks like when you hit control alt delete to bring up the task manager/lock/sign out/switch user screen but it's blank. There's times where the icons on the task bar disappear as well as desktop icons and the pc will lock up where I can't do anything, not access the start menu, not access the process manager, nothing at all. This has been happening a lot so I pulled up my event log to see what's going on and the time seems to be linked to the Autopilot error mentioned in the title of the thread. This event happened 3 times today. Two times back to back at 12/17/2022 11:52:28 AM and then once more at 12/17/2022 11:53:57 AM

UPDATE: It's not happening every time the error shows as it's happened a decent amount of times since the last time I've mentioned.

The details of the event are as follows

General tab

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider/ManagementService

Source: Microsoft-Windows-ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider

Date: 12/17/2022 11:52:28 AM

Event ID: 1010 Task

Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords:

User: -----------

Computer: ------------

Description: Autopilot.dll WIL error was reported.

HRESULT: 0x80070491 File: onecoreuap\admin\moderndeployment\autopilot\dll\dllmain.cpp, line 191

Message: NULL

XML View

  • <Event xmlns="**http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event**">
  • <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider" Guid="{bab3ad92-fb96-5902-450b-b8421bdec7bd}" /><EventID>1010</EventID><Version>0</Version><Level>2</Level><Task>0</Task><Opcode>0</Opcode><Keywords>0x1000000000000000</Keywords><TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-12-17T16:52:28.1338145Z" /><EventRecordID>7719</EventRecordID><Correlation /><Execution ProcessID="6064" ThreadID="19168" /><Channel>Microsoft-Windows-ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider/ManagementService</Channel><Computer>-----------------</Computer><Security UserID="S-1-5-21-3571332062-3799675618-396578140-1002" /></System>
  • <EventData> <Data Name="HRESULT">0x80070491</Data><Data Name="File">onecoreuap\admin\moderndeployment\autopilot\dll\dllmain.cpp</Data><Data Name="Line">191</Data><Data Name="Message">NULL</Data></EventData> </Event>
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

24 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-10T16:14:03+00:00

    I reset the TPM and enabled the ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider again. I was then able to connect to my phone as before, but the event log is telling me that Autopilot.dll is faulting again like crazy. 56 times in the last half hour, so far.

    Can spontaneous reboots be far ahead? I hope the investigation into the real source of the problem continues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T20:52:25+00:00

    i am getting this too, Im not good with computers and it will not stop so i disabled it ( even though people say thats a bad idea because youre unable to login ) have you found a way to fix it? because i haven't. I worries me that my pc will forever be like this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-17T00:48:23+00:00

    Type "tpm.msc" in the search window, lower left of the desktop, next to the Winders symbol for the start menu. Winders 10... Winders 11 will be in the center of the task bar if you didn't change the default.

    Hit enter and a TPM management window will open up.

    To the right you'll see "Clear TPM...". Select that and a restart window will open. Click on restart.

    Note: Have your Microslop account password handy prior to doing this.

    This will clear your PIN and require entry of your Microslop account password.

    This fixed the annoying ModernDeployment error messages for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-17T13:07:27+00:00

    what about bitlock? well it break it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-17T13:08:05+00:00

    also what is mircoslop

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments