... User chris__74 posted today (en français) in Pekaaa1's Autopilot.dll WIL Error that a reset of your TPM module should stop these ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider / Autopilot.dll WIL errors, and a few users have confirmed this workaround was successful. ...
WARNING: If you use Bitlocker Disk Encryption and want to reset your TPM module I would advise that you suspend or disable Bitlocker first (e.g., at Control Panel | Security | Bitlocker Drive Encryption for Professional editions of Windows) and ensure that you have your 48-digit Bitlocker recovery key on hand before starting. ...
...Before proceeding you might also want to read some recent feedback on pages 5 an 6 of Pekaaa1's thread. For example, MisterFlamp reported <here> in Pekaaa1's thread that a TMP reset stopped their Autopilot.dll WIL errors but that they were required to enter their Microsoft password and login PIN after the reset...
Hi GhostSage:
I finally tried clearing my TPM and am happy to report that my ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider / Autopilot.dll WIL errors have stopped. I'll monitor my Event Viewer for a few more days and will post back if they start up again.
I cleared my TPM just after 8:00 AM on 02-Mar-2023 as instructed in the MS support article Troubleshoot the TPM (i.e., Windows Defender Security Center | Device Security | Security Processor Details | Security Processor Troubleshooting | Clear TPM) and I've gone an entire day (and several system restarts and power off / power on cycles) without seeing any new Autopilot.dll WIL errors logged in my Event Viewer.
From my Win 10 Pro v22H2 Event Viewer (Application and Service Logs | Microsoft | Windows | ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider | ManagementService) which shows my last error was logged at 8:00:36 AM on 02-Mar-2023. Recall that my Event Viewer was logging about 80 of these errors every day before my TPM was cleared.
If anyone wants to try clearing their TPM please read the warnings in the MS support article Troubleshoot the TPM first. I do not have BitLocker disk encryption enabled on my Win 10 Pro v22H2 laptop so I did not need my 48-digit BitLocker encryption key to re-boot my machine, but I did have to reset my Windows Hello PIN to sign into my device, which turned out to be a bit more complicated than I expected. That was partially my own fault because I use two-factor authorization (2FA) to protect my Microsoft Account from unauthorized changes and have 2FA set up so that the 6-digit verification code is sent to a secondary e-mail address instead of my phone number. After I cleared my TPM and my system re-started I was prompted to log in to my Microsoft Account to reset my Windows Hello PIN, but couldn't open my email program to retrieve the verification code because I was stuck at the login screen. I was eventually able read my email and retrieve the verification code to complete the reset of my Windows Hello PIN and all is well now.
If you use a Windows Hello PIN to sign in to Windows and/or unlock your lock screen you can temporarily remove it at Start | Settings | Accounts | Sign-in Options | Windows Hello PIN as instructed in the MS support article Windows Sign-in Options and Account Protection before clearing your TPM and then create a new PIN when you're finished. If you don't want to do that and have 2FA set up for your Microsoft account just make sure that you will be able to receive your 6-digit verification code if you get stuck at your Windows login (e.g., from a second device like another computer or cell phone).
As an extra precaution I created a full disk image of my hard drive using Macrium Reflect Free before clearing my TPM just in case I needed to perform an emergency recovery, but it wasn't needed and my computer hasn't displayed any new problems since my TPM was cleared.
Dell Inspiron 15 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.2604 * Firefox v110.0.1 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.2301.6-1.1.200000.2 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.5.23.241-1.0.1927 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7279 * Microsoft Office Home and Business 2019 (Version 2301 / Build 16026.20200) Click-to-Run