Can Media Player in Windows 11 be set to repeat by default?

Anonymous
2023-01-06T14:24:02+00:00

Hello,

I work with short videos meant to repeat. In Windows Media Player Legacy, when you set videos to repeat, it keeps that setting until you set it to not repeat even if you close it, but in Windows 11 media player, it changes it to "Repeat: Off" every time I close it. I feel like the windows 10 media player kept the setting to what you set it even if you close it, just like legacy media player. It seems like the Photos app & the Movies & TV app act like the Windows 11 player. Is there a setting to have it default to repeat?

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 937.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-01-06T14:57:48+00:00

    Hi Peter,

    I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    There is currently no setting or even a known registry hack to set the Repeat as the default in that ap, they must have forgotten to store that setting in that new app.

    The best option is to open the Feedback Hub (Windows key + F), and provide feedback to the developers on this missing option, they will then hopefully implement this as an option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 937.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-01-06T15:11:26+00:00

    Hi Peter, glad to help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-06T15:10:33+00:00

    Alright, I'll do that, thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments