Hello Filipe,
Good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.
Are you referring to the built-in microphone of your laptop? When was the last time it worked properly?
Please let me know if you have tried the methods below.
**Run the Troubleshooter
Press Windows key+I to open Settings
Select System > Troubleshoot
Select "Other troubleshooters" then Run "Speech"
**Open Device Manager
Expand the Sound, video and game controllers
Find the Realtek Audio driver in the list
Right click it and select Update
Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
Select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
Make sure to put a check mark "Show compatible hardware"
Select an older driver from the list
Click Next then Restart your computer
**Right click the volume icon on the taskbar
Select Sounds then click Recording tab
Double click Microphone
Click the Levels tab then make sure the slider is set to 100
Click Advanced tab
Uncheck the box to "Allow application to take exclusive control on this device"
Please enter the details of your laptop at the link below and please try sending the resulting link to your next response.
https://support.hp.com/ie-en/drivers/laptops
Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.
Kind regards,
John DeV
Independent Advisor
Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.