RTKVHD64.sys Driver Error - Memory integrity & Core isolation

Anonymous
2023-06-27T21:54:07+00:00

Hi there.

I've recently updated my computer from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Like with many people who have done the same, I'm getting an error when attempting to fix the "Core isolation" errors in the Device Security / Windows Security Dashboard.

Specifically, I'm having an issue with enabling Memory integrity, due to having some incompatible drivers. They appear to be Realtek High Definition Audio drivers.

Text:

RTKVHD64.sys

Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Device: Realtek High Definition Audio

Import date: 6/13/2023

Driver date: 3/28/2013

Driver version: 6.0.1.6873

Published name: oem59.inf

RTKVHD64.sys

Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Driver version: 6.0.1.6873

Product name: Realtek(r) High Definition Audio Function Driver

I've gone to the Realtek website and attempted to download a few files - They just haven't fixed the errors I'm seeing. I've also updated all of my drivers in Device Manager (Enabled hidden drives as well).

A lot of the solutions to other driver errors was to just uninstall them. With that being said, I'm nervous to just randomly uninstall my audio drivers. I would like some confirmation that uninstalling them wouldn't negatively effect my computer, or if there'd be some way to fix it if it did. There was a lot of the disclaimers in these solutions that stated that uninstalling the drivers COULD negatively effect your computer, which is why I'm asking for advice.

I'm having the same issue with some "Broadcom" drivers, though I have no clue what those are / what they do.

Text:

btwusb.sys

Broadcom

Import date: 6/13/2023

Driver date: 1/14/2016

Driver version: 12.0.1.917

Published name: oem37.inf

btwusb.sys

Broadcom

Import date: 6/13/2023

Driver date: 1/9/2017

Driver version: 12.0.1.1050

Published name: oem67.inf

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-06-27T22:17:37+00:00

It is safe to uninstall most drivers.

But when a user :

  1. Make a driver change or just test drivers
  2. Make changes at registry ,

its strongly recommended to create a Restore Point before.

So do that , and then uninstall or test any problematic driver.

Further that , for many major reasons , its necessary to create periodically :

  1. Image backups at an external disk
  2. Backups of your personal files

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Reported
    Anonymous
    2023-06-28T14:26:44+00:00

    I can't believe I didn't even think about creating a Restore Point - Thanks so much, that brings me a lot of relief!

    0 comments No comments