I have this problem too!!
New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending
There's an apparently new feature that is being rolled out by microsoft. It is a new way to connect to your phone. I can not get it to install even though the option is available on my pc. I've contacted microsoft support and instead of solving the problem, they told me to seek help from here.
I am on an MSI GE68 HX 13V. I am running Windows 11 Pro. If you navigate to the settings app, then to bluetooth & devices, then to mobile devices, you should see a new option available directly above the option to turn phone link on. I can turn the option on. When I do it tells me it has to install cross device experience host but then nothing happens and it simply says pending under the on switch. Please see screenshots.
I'm hoping someone out there can help me because Microsoft failed 3 times today.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
18 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-01-17T13:52:46+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-11-16T11:51:46+00:00 Got stuck at 95% and didn't finish.
-
Anonymous
2024-10-27T00:07:16+00:00 try
winget install 9NTXGKQ8P7N0 --force -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2024-07-16T02:49:15+00:00 I was able to get it figured out. After searching Google posts, I performed steps below, but be sure to read the "HOWEVER" afterwards :
To enable the Cross Device Experience Host, you need to
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Mobile devices.
- Turn on the toggle for Allow this PC to access your mobile devices.
- Click on Manage Devices under it.
- Choose Add Device.
- Your PC will get a Cross Device Experience Host update in the Microsoft Store that is required for this experience to work.
It replaced the previous phone link settings app.
I got this information from : https://www.techguy.org/posts/10003380/
HOWEVER... After following those steps getting the Cross Device Experience Host to install...the new phone link app isn't worth a damn! While my phone and computer do "link" now, I'm unable to get anything from my phone to be visible to my computer. I gave up, until something different becomes available...