Could you please help to provide Windows 11 Chinese (Simplified, China) offline language installation package?

Anonymous
2024-04-28T07:55:35+00:00

Hi Team,

Recently, we have hundreds of laptop need to install Windows 11. We are an American company, we are using the international image for the laptop used in China.

When I add Chinese (Simplified, China) language package, it's always have the error code: 0x800F0950. I concern we are using the international image, when we add the Chinese (Simplified, China) language package, if the request will point to the Microsoft server in USA? not in China? And the laptop in China is hard to access the server in USA? Sometimes it's can download it successfully after clicked "Download" button to try many times.

Could you please help to provide Windows 11 Chinese (Simplified, China) offline language installation package? We have hundreds of laptop need to install Windows 11 and add Chinese language.

Thank you in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-04-30T10:46:43+00:00

Run "dism /online /get-capabilities" and verify that these components are "Installed".


Capability Identity : Language.Basic~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0

State : Installed

Capability Identity : Language.Handwriting~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0

State : Installed

Capability Identity : Language.OCR~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0

State : Installed

Capability Identity : Language.Speech~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0

State : Installed

Capability Identity : Language.TextToSpeech~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0

State : Installed


And then, please open admin PowerShell and run these commands:

  • $OldList = Get-WinUserLanguageList
  • $OldList.Add("zh-CN")
  • Set-WinUserLanguageList -LanguageList $OldList

See if that adds Chinese (Simplified) to the Language settings.

I've tested it on an offline Windows 11 computer, and it worked correctly.


How to Install Chinese (Simplified, China) Language Offline » Winhelponline: https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/install-chinese-simplified-language-offline/

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

9 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T06:56:32+00:00

    Those command are all run successfully and I had reboot the laptop, but still can't see the Chinese language package in "Language & Region" When I add it manually, the base typing are need download again, but the input method is works. It's seeem the base language package was installed. I don't know why the system will need download again.

    Before running those command, the input method is not works.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T03:58:45+00:00

    See if you can click "Add a language" option and add it manually.

    Or, run:

    Dism /online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\LanguagesAndOptionalFeatures\Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Basic-zh-cn-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~.cab"
    
    Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.Basic~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0" /limitaccess
    Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.Basic~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0" /source:F:\LanguagesAndOptionalFeatures
    Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.Handwriting~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0" /source:F:\LanguagesAndOptionalFeatures
    Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.OCR~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0" /source:F:\LanguagesAndOptionalFeatures
    Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.Speech~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0" /source:F:\LanguagesAndOptionalFeatures
    Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.TextToSpeech~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0" /source:F:\LanguagesAndOptionalFeatures
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T03:56:23+00:00

    Hi Ramesh,

    May I ask why I had installed the Chinese package with FOD successfully and I had reboot the laptop, but there is still can't see the Chinese language package in "Language & Region"? Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-28T09:55:37+00:00

    Hi Franky,

    Download the Windows 11 FOD ISO and install the Simplified Chinese language using the following DISM command-line syntax:

    Dism /online /Add-Package /PackagePath:<filename.cab>

    Example:

    Dism /online /Add-Package /PackagePath:F:\LanguagesAndOptionalFeatures\Microsoft-Windows-Client-Language-Pack_x64_zh-cn.cab

    See: How to Install a Feature On Demand (FOD) Package Offline

    Alternatively, you may be able to download the language .CAB files from https://uupdump.net/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments