same. treesize identified CapabilityAccessManager as 125gb
CapabilityAccessManager.db-wal file taking up all of my hard drive space - how do I delete or fix?
There is a single file called CapabilityAccessManager.db-wal taking up 122.1GB of hard drive space and now windows is unable to run properly due to lack of hard drive space. When I delete other files this one just grows in size and quickly grabs up the newly freed space.
I do not want to try and delete it if it will mess up my system and do not even know if I can and am wondering what other options if any I have.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
12 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-05-16T20:15:54+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-05-16T20:23:32+00:00 I ended up disabling then stopping the Capabilityaccessmanager service. I was then able to delete CapabilityAccessManager.db-wal. Started the service and haven't heard a peep from the 5 users I did this for. So, I assume all is well.
-
Anonymous
2024-06-26T20:46:29+00:00 How were you able to delete the file?
If I try to delete it, it says I don't have permissions.
-
Anonymous
2024-06-26T20:47:29+00:00 Please help us fix this.
-
Anonymous
2024-06-27T12:10:35+00:00 You will have to make your account owner of that folder. Back out of the CapabilityAccessManager folder, then right click on it and go to Properties.
Go to the security tab then click advanced, then at the top where you see owner, next to it, there's a change button. Then make your account owner. Then at the bottom add your account to have full access to the folder.