Snipping tool file corrupt

Anonymous
2024-05-17T08:19:51+00:00

Hello! i am a small artist trying to grow. So I recorded my painting process on MS paint using snipping tool but I closed the window right after I clicked the stop button. I think i interrupted the saving process now the file is corrupted.

Is there any way I can recover the video?

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 937.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-05-17T08:54:14+00:00

    Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    Most likely that recording cannot be recovered, the Snipping tool does not have an auto-recover function, but if there was a temporary version of that file saved, it will be in the folder below, in File Explorer, paste this into the address bar and press Enter

    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.ScreenSketch_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments