Unable to install chinese language pack on windows 11

Anonymous
2024-10-13T18:58:41+00:00

I am trying to install the Chinese language pack but each time it encounters this error code.

I am able to install basic typing and handwriting (though they also had errors but eventually they installed after a few retries)

I have also tried Install-Language cmd but I encountered this issue:

I have used the sfc cmd but the language pack continues to have this error.

I'm not sure if this affects the installation but I did a clean install of windows on this device before I attempted to install this language pack.

I have tried installing the french language pack, which failed and had the same error code.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-10-14T05:59:20+00:00

Please try installing the language pack offline using the Language and FOD ISO.

Could you please help to provide Windows 11 Chinese (Simplified, - Microsoft Community: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-wintop_language/could-you-please-help-to-provide-windows-11/464184a7-a786-4d21-8b34-e05f0355abfc?messageId=4cc02039-612a-4bc6-9329-420369e43168

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

9 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T20:44:02+00:00

    Hi, I’m Vinay. Thanks for reaching out.

    I’m here to help you today.

    Boot laptop into safe mode by pressing win + R - type msconfig - go to boot tab - select safe mode , minimal under boot options - restart the computer. After booting laptop to safe mode then install the chinese language pack .

    If that doesn’t work then open powershell as an administrator and run below command

    Install-Language zh-CN

    If installation is successful then set system preferred language by using below command

    Set-SystemPreferredUILanguage zh-CN

    I hope this resolves your issue! If you have any queries, please let me know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T21:11:54+00:00

    Hi Vinay. Thank you for your reply.

    I'd like to ask how to install the language pack in safe mode as the device has no internet access, so windows is not letting me download it. I tried safe mode with network but I'm unable to access internet in this mode as well.

    For the second method, this is what I got after running the cmd in PowerShell in safe mode:Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T21:16:28+00:00

    You can select network option instead of minimal in boot options

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T21:39:04+00:00

    I still can not access the wifi after booting up the device in safe mode with networking. WLAN AutoConfig is running but my network adapter drive seems to have a problem. The driver is Intel wifi 6E AX211 160MHz version 23.40.0.4.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments