My computer won't let me reset my pin

Anonymous
2024-09-27T01:39:33+00:00

Recently I signed into my school account in Microsoft Edge so I could do my homework more conveniently and the next time I tried to sign into my computer it popped up with a message saying "Your organization requires that you change your PIN" when I tried to use letters it didn't let me, so I just made a random pin and wrote it down. When I tried to go into settings to change my pin back to what it was it said "Something went wrong. Try again later." and now I am unsure of what to do. I am currently on a personal computer with my personal Microsoft account running Windows eleven home

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
EmilyS726 271K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-09-28T20:06:11+00:00

Hello,

Can you go to Settings > Accounts > Access Work or School, is your school email listed here? If so, please disconnect it. Restart the computer, and tell me if you notice anything different. If not, we will explore further, but we may not need to. Keep me posted.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

8 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-07T22:22:38+00:00

    this worked THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-07T22:19:35+00:00

    Sorry I saw this late, I tried it and am about to restart. I will reply to this with any updates, thanks in advance!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-27T20:04:00+00:00

    i am talking about my personal computer so I don't think it's such a good idea to go to my school's IT department

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-27T03:24:16+00:00

    To understand better, are you able to login with your personal account but you cannot change back your PIN. Is that correct?

    Have you tried to contact your school's IT support. Since your school account seems to have specific requirements for changing the PIN, it's best to reach out to your school's IT support for guidance on how to proceed with changing the PIN as per their requirements.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments