Problems in my Windows 11 keyboard

Anonymous
2024-11-08T07:24:28+00:00

Laptop model: Lenovo Thinkbook ITL 15 Gen 2

My keyboard shows 2 English language in the layout. This is annoying when I cycle through the language using alt+shift key.

Here's the screenshot of the keyboard layout

And here's the screen shot of the settings

As you can see from the setting screenshot, there's only 3 keyboards that are turned on.
But for some unknown reason, the keyboard layout shows 4.

I have tried installing English (Malaysia) and remove it, which successfully fixed the keyboard layout back to 3 (English (US), Chinese (Simplified) and Japanese).

But the problem rearises when I restarted the computer. The layout somehow shows 4 languages again (English (US), Chinese (Simplified), Japanese, English (Malaysia)).

I also have tried switching to English (Malaysia) instead of English (United States), again the keyboard layout is back to 3 (English (Malaysia), Chinese (Simplified), Japanese).

But and again, the problem rearises when I restarted the computer. The layout shows 4 languages (English (Malaysia), Chinese (Simplified), Japanese, English (US)).

Please help me fix this problem. I appreciate your help.

Side note: I also found that it is not possible to switch my display language to English (Malaysia) while I was trying to fix this issue. There's just no option given to switch the display language.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-11-08T09:56:23+00:00

Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Open the old Control Panel

At the top of Control Panel, set View to Icons

Select Region

Select the Administrative Tab on the resulting dialog

Click Change System Locale in the 'Language for non-Unicode Programs' section

Set the language in the drop down to the same as the System location/Language

Open the Settings App, then go to Time & language - Language & region

Scroll down and select Administrative language settings

On the Administrative tab click the Copy settings button

Enable 'Welcome screen and system accounts' and also New user accounts

Save that setting.

Restart (not shut down) the PC

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest