Merging two Microsoft accounts

Anonymous
2024-12-13T22:36:43+00:00

Hello, I have 2 Microsoft accounts - one which my computers appear to be linked to (it appears within Settings) - I can make another email primary so that appears instead within settings.

However my other Microsoft account is where my Office365 account is hosted (family pack) and we have a terabyte of one drive files.

Is it possible to merge the two accounts, or do I need to switch the office 365 package into the other account? Would I lose one drive data?

Thanks

Brian

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
EmilyS726 271.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-12-14T15:46:39+00:00

Brian, it is best if possible, that you reply with your original user, so that I can get notified if you reply in this thread.

Regarding switching account linked to Windows, this is what you do:

Go to Settings > Accounts > Your info

Click on Sign in with local user instead. follow the steps and finish the rest.

(If you don't see the "sign in with a local account instead option, click on "Stop signing into Microsoft apps automatically" first, then relaunch this page. )

Restart the computer (Do Not skip)

Go to Settings > Accounts > Your info

Click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead. follow the steps and finish the rest. This time use the Microsoft account you want to use.

Restart the computer (Do Not skip)

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

5 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-10T18:25:27+00:00

    HELP ME I was talking to someone for one hour and I got disconnected Please help me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-10T18:23:11+00:00

    I want to merge my two microsoft accounts

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-14T17:43:30+00:00

    Thank you, easy job once I knew where to look. 3 out of 4 devices switched without issues. Last one is an old heap i'll get to later.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-14T08:33:45+00:00

    Thanks for the reply.

    How then can I make my computers unlink from Account B and make them Account A?

    As I've said, within the Microsoft portal I can switch alias to another email for Account B and it changes automatically on the computer. But how to do this for Account A? Divorcing myself from Account B.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments