I can't remove redundant keyboard layouts

Anonymous
2024-12-22T06:54:55+00:00

I have 2 extra English layouts that I need to remove, but they don't show up in the settings. I found some instructions that tell how to remove them using registry. I looked in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload as instructed, but there are no entries for those layouts.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-12-22T08:14:19+00:00

Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Open the old Control Panel

At the top of Control Panel, set View to Icons

Select Region

Select the Administrative Tab on the resulting dialog

Click Change System Locale in the 'Language for non-Unicode Programs' section

Set the language in the drop down to the same as the System location/Language

Open the Settings App, then go to Time & language - Language & region

Scroll down and select Administrative language settings

On the Administrative tab click the Copy settings button

Enable 'Welcome screen and system accounts' and also New user accounts

Save that setting.

Restart (not shut down) the PC

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful