Windows failed to install - error code 0xc1900101

Anonymous
2024-12-18T16:33:53+00:00

Hello!

So I have been having issues with downloading the 22H2 on Windows 10 for quite some time now.

Whenever I have tried to download it it just says pending restart and if restarted it says that all of the update features could not be downloaded.

It also gives me the 0xc1900101 error code.

I have tried to update it multiple times, I have also tried resetting the pc but that also did not work.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
TekkieBoy 12,556 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-12-22T21:40:12+00:00

Try the Update with a Windows 10 ISO file.

Download link for a Windows 10 22h2 EN-US Iso:

Windows 10 en-us Iso

When you need a other language iso let it me know.

When you have downloaded the iso,

cut the Internet Connection,

perform a clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd#ID0EBBD=Windows_10 

make a double click on the iso file and then start the setup.exe

and so on…

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

12 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. TekkieBoy 12,556 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-22T20:58:59+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-22T21:26:39+00:00

    Hi!

    Sadly still no progress, I updated the chipset drivers and restarted the computer but it still gets stuck on getting things ready.

    Although it earlier went to 100% but then still got stuck. And update assistance is also not an option anymore as I can not use it because I can not pause windows update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-22T23:40:11+00:00

    Hi!

    Thank you so much!

    This fixed the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. TekkieBoy 12,556 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-23T09:36:26+00:00

    Great.

    You’re welcome.

    Greetings

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments