Desktop Too Large on Display of Dell Monitor

Anonymous
2025-01-11T01:37:05+00:00

On Dell Monitor model T24C550 running up-to-date Windows 10, the graphics have been stretched beyond the left and right margins such that I can't see the Microsoft Start button nor the data in the Taskbar. And the top and bottom text extends beyond the limits such that only half of the Taskbar is visible when only standard height is used. Have to stretch it up to see all icons. How to I can this? I don't see where in Display settings nor Personalize selection in drop-down menu? Size of icons makes no difference. Does anyone have a suggestion or two short of upgrading the device driver? Please comment. Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
EmilyS726 271K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-01-11T23:05:14+00:00

Hello,

If your monitor is not showing all of the computer content, this means the settings is wrong on the monitor side, not on the computer side.

By the way, I believe your monitor is Samsung Monitor model T24C550, not Dell, right? I cannot find a Dell monitor with that model number, but Samsung has one.

I looked up the monitor manual, looks like the settings can be accessed via:

Monitor's menu button > Picture > Picture options. Then look for size, and adjust from there to find what fits your computer's resolution. I believe you want to use the screenfit option. I attached a screenshot of this part of the instruction from the user guide for the monitor.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

8 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. EmilyS_726 30,360 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-12T03:44:53+00:00

    You are welcome. Glad to help :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-12T00:55:44+00:00

    Emily - and yes you are so right. My monitor was made by Samsung. How I thought Dell I cannot explain. And again thanks for comments. Much obliged.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-11T23:31:57+00:00

    Thank you, Emily. All better. Thanks for your efforts and response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Neil D 34,430 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-11T10:10:27+00:00

    Select the settings on the monitor (not windows) and adjust the display size. You may find a auto size does the trick, if not look at the adjustments on the monitor.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments