Im having the same issue
install error- 0x800f0983
It keeps taking forever to download and when it does it puts me in another 30 minutes of install and at 10%,11% or 17% its give me the install error. How do i fix this? I ran sfc/ scannow it said all corrupt files fixed. I ran DISM it said it has corrupt files but restore health is not loading. This is the update 2025-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5050009). Another security update was done in mere seconds. I dont not understand at all.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
10 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-06-05T11:36:38+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-05-23T13:40:36+00:00 Thanks Ramesh.
I tried the Settings > System > Recovery reinstall, and though it took almost an hour, instead of the usual 5 minutes or so, to download and install the repair version of the update, it was worth it. All OK now.
-
Anonymous
2025-05-12T23:25:09+00:00 Thank you that fixed my issue well.
-
Anonymous
2025-03-25T17:46:50+00:00 microsoft
-
Anonymous
2025-03-25T17:46:33+00:00 It keeps taking forever to download and when it does it puts me in another 30 minutes of install and at 10%,11% or 17% its give me the install error. How do i fix this? I ran sfc/ scannow it said all corrupt files fixed. I ran DISM it said it has corrupt files but restore health is not loading. This is the update 2025-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5050009). Another security update was done in mere seconds. I dont not understand at all.
microsoft