Bluetooth pairing doesn't work on Windows 11

Anonymous
2025-01-17T16:57:01+00:00

In another post, I tried to fix a Bluetooth issue with my headphones. Now, I can't pair any Bluetooth devices. These devices can pair with my laptop and work fine, so the issue is with my PC. I've shared some screenshots of my situation. Please help me.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Estrella721 46,685 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-01-20T20:11:33+00:00

Try a repair in-place upgrade, which will reinstall Windows while keeping your files and apps. This helps fix or replace any corrupted files that may be causing the problem.

Note: Before doing so, unplug all unnecessary external peripherals connected to your PC, and temporarily disable any third-party antivirus program to avoid interference.

  1. Click the 'Download now' button under 'Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)' and save it to your computer: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win...
  2. Run the downloaded file and select 'Yes' when prompted by User Account Control (UAC).
  3. Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms if you agree.
  4. On the 'What do you want to do?' screen, select 'Upgrade this PC now' and click 'Next.'

(This stage will download, verify, and create the Windows 11 installation media.) It will take some time to complete.

  1. Under 'Choose what to keep,' select 'Keep personal files and apps,' then click 'Next.'
  2. Click 'Install,' and the installation will begin. (This process will take some time, so please be patient.)

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

21 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T20:50:22+00:00

    I downloaded the driver from the link you provided, restarted, and it still doesn't work.

    This issue just appeared today because I was previously troubleshooting a specific problem with my WH-1000XM4 headphones, which I detailed in this post.

    Issues with WH-1000XM4 headphones compared to previous WH-910N - Microsoft Community

    Before I started doing all of this, Bluetooth pairing was working correctly.

    While trying to solve the issue, I do remember installing two drivers from the same page you shared. These were the Realtek HD Audio Driver and the Intel Bluetooth Driver. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers in Device Manager.

    I didn't touch anything in the Registry Editor because I know it's not advisable to make changes unless I'm absolutely sure of what I'm doing. Perhaps in my repeated attempts to manipulate the Bluetooth pairing with my headphones to fix the issue, Windows may have detected unusual or suspicious activity and is now blocking any Bluetooth pairing.

    P.S.: When I realized my WH-1000XM4 headphones were no longer pairing, I removed my MX Ergo mouse from my Bluetooth devices to check if the issue was with my headphones or Windows. By doing that test, I confirmed there was a Bluetooth problem, but now I can't use the mouse either. 😢
    Before doing this, the mouse was already connected and working without any issues.

    Regarding the issue I mentioned in my first post, I could live with it and eventually get used to it. However, not being able to connect anything via Bluetooth to my computer has me much more worried. 😢

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Estrella721 46,685 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-17T20:14:34+00:00

    Expand the WLAN + BT section, then download and install the Intel Bluetooth Driver from the link below. Make sure to select Windows 11 as the operating system from the options above. Once done, restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS...

    If not, when did the issue start? Were there any changes made to your computer system before this issue?


    Disclaimer: There is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T20:06:24+00:00

    Hello, thank you for your response. From the troubleshooting list, I have done the following:

    1. Ran the "Windows Bluetooth troubleshooter"
    2. Uninstalled the drivers and restarted the computer to have them reinstalled
    3. Restarted the Bluetooth services in "services.msc"

    I have already tried these mentioned options, and they did not solve my problem.

    I am attaching a screenshot of the System Information.

    Image

    I just uninstalled the Intel Bluetooth driver and restarted the computer.

    Windows Update reinstalled it correctly, and the Bluetooth drivers now appear in Device Manager. However, as shown in the image, when trying to search for a Bluetooth device, it still cannot pair.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T19:59:24+00:00

    Hello, thank you for your response. From the troubleshooting list, I have done the following:

    1. Ran the "Windows Bluetooth troubleshooter"
    2. Uninstalled the drivers and restarted the computer to have them reinstalled
    3. Restarted the Bluetooth services in "services.msc"

    I have already tried these mentioned options, and they did not solve my problem.

    I am attaching a screenshot of the System Information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments