No Sleep Option in Settings or Control Panel. My Laptop Doesn't Sleep.

Anonymous
2025-02-04T08:28:38+00:00

Not in Settings, not in Control panel.

There is no Sleep option in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings either, the hidden options just have the "Lock" thing under them.

It has stopped sleeping when I close the lid, very abruptly. Last change I made to system settings was reset network settings a while ago and after that it just stopped sleeping.

I tried updating BIOS, but it says it is already the latest version and I tried doing methods in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sleep-option/3c9eac75-a3d6-4e94-be81-445982f40fa8

Method 1 I can't do because there is no such option in Control Panel, only the greyed out Lock option.

Method 2 I didn't do because not on Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise.

Method 3 I did, no more updates required.

Method 4 I did, didn't work.

Method 5, no CsEnabled option is available in the specified path.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 182.1K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-02-04T08:33:31+00:00

Please open Command Prompt admin and run:

  • powercfg /hibernate on
  • powercfg /a

Post the output.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ramesh 182.1K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-02-04T13:37:52+00:00

    Found my issue, graphics card was disabled :/

    Great, glad it's fixed.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-04T13:34:53+00:00

    Found my issue, graphics card was disabled :/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-04T13:33:27+00:00

    Here is the output I got:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments