How do I change the direction of the camera on an HP Envy with Windows 11? All I can do is the selfie angle. My old Envy just had a switch icon.

Anonymous
2025-02-27T21:00:04+00:00

All I can do is the selfie direction. My computer is the HP Envy x360 2-in-1 14t-fc000 and it has the HP 5MP Camera. I'm super frustrated because I feel like this should be really easy and self explanatory. I have gone into settings and there is nothing about camera direction. There is no icon on the screen the way there is on a cell phone or previous computers. Nothing happens when I click on the camera icon - no three dots, nothing. And I can't find any kind of tutorial or explanation anywhere that seems to apply to my camera. I really hope the answer is not that the camera can only face towards you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Francisco Montilla 30,725 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-02-27T22:32:35+00:00

Hi Stephanie,

It seems the HP Envy x360 14t-fc000 has only the built-in 5MP front camera with no additional rear-facing lens, so there is no software or icon to flip the view. If your older Envy had a second camera, that would explain why you previously saw a switch icon. On this model, it is possible to connect an external USB camera if you need to capture what’s in front of the screen, but there is no built-in hardware option for reversing the camera direction.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful