Windows 11 installation media isn't a Microsoft-verified app even though it was downloaded from the Microsoft website.

Anonymous
2025-03-13T00:51:48+00:00

I am trying to create a Windows 11 installation media usb to fix error code 0xc0000225 on one of my Lenovo laptop, so I've downloaded the tool from the Microsoft website (https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows11) but when I try to run it, an error message says it isn't a Microsoft-verified app. But I downloaded it from the Microsoft website! Please see below...

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
EmilyS726 271.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-03-13T01:24:49+00:00

Hello,

This message is super misleading, and I wish Microsoft would have changed its messaging here. It doesn't mean the app is not Microsoft verified, it is more about the app is not downloaded through the Store App.

Go to Settings > Apps > Advanced App Settings. Do you see "Choose where to get apps"? If you do, choose "Anywhere" here.

If you cannot find that option, it can mean that your Windows is in S mode. Type winver in the search on the taskbar and hit enter, a pop up window will provide you with some information about whether it is S mode. If it is, please use this instruction to switch out of S mode first.

https://support.microsoft.com/windows/switching...

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-13T02:53:00+00:00

    Thanks for your help :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments