Missing Wifi Adapter

Anonymous
2025-04-23T06:52:38+00:00

Hello,

I have a Windows 11 Pro PC (desktop, not laptop) that worked perfectly until yesterday. I started it as usual only to find the wifi driver was not working -- I could see the driver in the Device Manager, but the Network Connections page did not show Wifi as a connection option. Following another thread I found here, I attempted to uninstall and reinstall the driver. It did uninstall, but no matter how many times I have installed the driver (yes, I checked to make sure it is the right type) it does not show on the Device Manager. I have checked the BIOS menu, reset the network settings repeatedly, updated Windows, and even reinstalled Windows -- nothing has shown the Wifi adapter driver or restored the connection.

I know it is not a problem with my router as I have other devices connected and functioning properly.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Mackayla

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
GsN5034 - IA 78,420 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-04-23T15:18:27+00:00

Hi,

If the driver is still not being detected, try performing a hard shutdown on the device:

  1. Turn off your computer completely.
  2. Unplug all external peripherals, including USB keyboard, mouse, pen drives, and the AC adapter.
  3. Press and hold the power button on your device for 15–30 seconds.
  4. Wait a few minutes, then turn your computer back on.

Once restarted, open Device Manager and check if the drivers are installed correctly.

Additionally, visit your PC manufacturer's website to check if a newer version of the BIOS is available. If so, download and install the latest BIOS update.

You should also boot into the BIOS/UEFI setup screen and ensure that WLAN is enabled, if that option is available.

Let me know if you still need more help.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

6 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-24T10:02:36+00:00

    I followed the steps you sent and everything appears to be working now. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. GsN5034 - IA 78,420 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-24T10:11:13+00:00

    Hi,

    I am glad that your issue has been resolved!

    Give back to the Community. Help the next person with this issue by indicating 'Yes' to the above reply solved your problem.

    Best regards,

    Gunasekar N

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments