Strange characters appearing

Anonymous
2025-04-05T20:29:09+00:00

Windows 11 24H2 26100.3624

Haven't used this computer since early last month, just got the KB upgrade to .3624 today.

Has anyone else seen, or possibly know the reason why there are strange characters present?

After I saw them I ran a full system scan, as well as run all the Dism commands as well as sfc /scannow.

Right clicking on Start > System which brings up the System>About page. Under Storage it shows 137 GB of #$%^ used. The characters I'm seeing look like Chinese and they change each time I bring up that page. Any Ideas? Updated that system to .3775 today, and the problem is still present.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

7 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-09T04:12:50+00:00

    I have this issue also.

    It's probably safe to say this isn't an issue with your system and is rather a bug in the codebase.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T04:42:24+00:00

    I have the same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments